Thursday, November 21, 2013

Whom Do You Trust?

This morning I received an email (shown below) from Expedia offering me a $20 hotel coupon. All I had to do is complete a survey which "will help us to develop the right services and offerings that travelers want."


Please take this short survey
  |  View email in web browser
Expedia
Dear Harvey,

Your opinion matters to us! We are conducting a survey to understand travelers’ priorities and preferences, and we want to hear from you.

Your input will help us to develop the right services and offerings that travelers want. As a token of our appreciation, you will receive a $20 coupon off your next Expedia hotel booking if you qualify and complete the survey.*

The survey, hosted by Qualtrics on our behalf, will be available through Monday, 11/25/2013.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Expedia Travel Team
I normally won't waste my precious writing time for a survey, but I was curious and it seemed like it could possibly be a worthwhile gesture from a sought-after travel group. 

I clicked their "START SURVEY" box, ready to contribute my thoughts to help make the world a better place, and the link took me directly to:




Thank you for your interest in participating in our survey; however, the survey is temporarily down.  Our apologies!   Please try back later.

Sincerely,
Expedia Travel Team


 


Not only have I lost all interest in participating in their survey, but I have also lost all interest in using Expedia. How can they expect you to trust a company to efficiently book airline, hotel, car rental and other travel needs, when they can't get their survey to work? 

Think that I'll continue to do my own bookings, then any foul-ups will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment